Saturday, January 11, 2014

LIke A Bad Penny

I keep showing up now and again. This time with a few pics from 2013.

Here's a shot of the lake side of the new house.


A few weeks later...


You may note that "someone," hoping for a return of semi-non-frigid fishing weather, left his boat out too long. We had to smash ice in order to get it out of the water. What a maroon!

For a few weeks we enjoyed watching the little lady below, and her kin, before the cold weather sent them south.


Did you know chipmunks nibble on rose leaves?


Now you do.

Those of you with tender sensibilities may want to put your hands over your eyes and just peek at this next one through a crack in your fingers. I really had no choice but to title it, "Buggery."


I titled this next one: "Look Ma! No wings!"


Jays are great subjects, being relatively comfortable with human proximity. And they're handsome rascals.


Light is every photographer's friend. But even flat, dull days can sometimes present interesting, moody shots.


Time for a purdy flower.


Or two.


I'll close this go-round with Son #1's reply to the question: "Any fish in that lake?"


Thanks for your visit. See you next time.

15 comments:

  1. Turn up a bit more often! That lake, and the flora and fauna around it, is one i'll never get tired of seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shots but I groaned at buggery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics, Frank. And that's a fine looking fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, Frank. Thanks for popping in at your blog. Nice to see a post from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful what you wish for, mimi. ;) But thanks.

    Ellen, there are at least a dozen lines I could use in response to your comment. But this is a (more-or-less) family blog, so.... ;)

    Thank you, Leah. It was darn tasty too.

    Thanks, Dawn. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frank, your words, photos, and life..... have put a smile on my face more times than I have told you. Thank you:)

    I'm happy for your happiness!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear from you, Sandra. It's been a while. As one of the 4 or 5 folks who gave a darn about my music posts, I should give you a heads-up that I'll be pimping several in the next while, including at least one from Paul Thorn. If I recall correctly, you were the one who put me on to his stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome as always, especially the first lake shot. (Obsidart = Cay = "Key")

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loverly! Well, except the buggering maybe.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cay, I knew it was you. Thanks.

    Thanks Charlie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures, as usual. It seems your new place agrees with you. I've been enjoying Hilary's deer pictures, too. That was a nice catch. What kind of fish is it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Linda. The fish is a walleye - a fish many consider the tastiest found in fresh water. No argument from me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some nice shots. Like the view.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So this is where you now hide? You and your sweet one are both 'mahvelous' with lens thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! Awesome shots of Mother Nature and her critters!!

    ReplyDelete